BBQ Cheddar Turkey Burgers
March 3, 2013
Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Ground Turkey Dishes, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Sandwiches, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 lbs Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey
6 slices Kraft singles, Fat Free sharp cheddar slices (or your favorit Soy Cheese for dairy free option)
6 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce
6 Healthy Life Light sandwich buns (or your favorite Gluten-free bun, we really like Udi or Schar brand buns)
*Preheat broiler to low setting and move rack to the top position. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooking rack on top of foil. Set aside.
1. In a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer if you have one), break up ground turkey with fork.
2. Add in Worcestershire sauce, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder. Mix until well combined.
3. Form mixture into six equal patties.
4. Place six patties on rack and broil for 4-5 minutes on each side. (You can cook these in a number of different ways. You could grill them, or cook them in a skillet stove top.)
5. Remove from broiler, place on bun and top each burger with cheese slice and 1 tbsp BBQ sauce.
6. Add any additional toppings you like on your burger.
Yields 6 burgers, serving size 1 burger
4 points (burger & BBQ sauce) on Weight Watchers Points+ system
*add additional points for bun
I am in no way affiliated with Weight watchers.