Chicken Enchilada Soup
March 3, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Soups, Weight Watcher Friendly
1.25 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 can white and yellow corn, drained
1 c black beans, drained, rinsed
6 c fat free chicken broth
2 cans mild red enchilada sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 c all purpose gluten-free flour
1/3 c water
optional: shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place thawed chicken breasts at the bottom of crock pot. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts. Mix in garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, enchilada sauce, black beans, and corn. Cook on high for 4 hours.
2. At four hours, take chicken breasts out and place on a plate. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk water into flour mixture. After all the flour mixture has dissolved and is not lumpy, whisk flour mixture into crock pot.
4. Add chicken back in. Continuing cooking on high for 20 more minutes.
5. Serve in bowls topped with corn tortilla chips and shredder cheddar.
Yields about 12 servings, serving size 1 cup
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
*add additional points for chips and cheese
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.