Egg Salad Sandwiches
March 3, 2013
Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Sandwiches, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
Note: Using colored Easter eggs will result in colorful (but just as delicious) egg salad 🙂
*10 eggs (hard boiled, using all 10 egg whites and 2 1/2 yolks)
2 tbsp Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp chopped scallions
*for easier peeling, buy eggs about 5 days ahead of when you plan to boil them for this recipe
1. Place 10 eggs in a single layer in a pot. Fill with water about 1-2 inches above the eggs. Begin with cold water and bring the pot to boiling on high. When the water begins to boil, turn the heat off and cover with a lid. Let set for 17 minutes over residual heat.
2. Run under cold water until the water is not hot and eggs are cool enough to handle. Peel shells off eggs.
3. Separate yolks into a small bowl and egg whites into a large bowl. Chop egg whites into small pieces. Add 2 1/2 egg yolks to egg whites and discard the rest of the yolks.
4. Mix in mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, and scallions.
5. Serve on your favorite bun, toasted whole wheat or gluten-free bread.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1/2 cup
2.5 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System for egg salad
*add additional points for bread
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.