Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos
March 3, 2013
Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pork Dishes, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style, Weight Watcher Friendly
3 lbs pork tenderloin, lean and trimmed of fat
20 oz. tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp cumin, ground
2 tbsp light brown sugar, unpacked
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
Small tortillas (Use white corn tortillas for gluten-free option)
Additional (optional) ingredients for topping tacos:
sour cream (omit for milk-free)
1. Place pork tenderloin in crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and garlic. Pour over the top of the pork. Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
3. Remove pork from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return to crock pot and stir to combine.
4. Heat an additional 20 minutes.
5. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Layer pork and your choice toppings on tortillas.
Pork only: yields 24 (1/4 cup) servings, 2 points on WW Points+ system
Mexican Pork Tacos: tortilla, 1/4 cup pork, lettuce, splash of lime juice on top, tbsp sour cream, sprinkle cilantro 4 points per taco on WW Points+ system
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from emilybites.com