Oatmeal French Toast
March 3, 2013
Breakfast, Gluten/Milk Free, Oatmeal, Vegetarian
3 1/3 c water
2 ¼ c oats (I used quick oats)
1/3 tsp salt
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Add oats and salt. Simmer until oatmeal is cooked and water is completely evaporated.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Pour oatmeal into baking dish, cover, and chill overnight, uncovered.
3/4 c egg beaters
1 c Rice Dreams Enriched Vanilla rice milk
1 ½ tbsp syrup
dash of salt
1. Mix the custard ingredients well. I usually make both components the night before and assemble everything in the morning.
2. In the morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour the custard mix into a pie plate. Dip oatmeal squares into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side.
3. Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Place 2 slices of oatmeal ’bread’ at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on baking sheet in oven for 5-10 minutes. Repeat with all 9 slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup or your favorite topping.
yields 12 servings, serving size 1 piece
2 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from oatmealwithafork.com