March 3, 2013
Easy Dinners, Ground Turkey Dishes, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pasta Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
Click here for a gluten/milk free turkey lasagna recipe!
24 oz. Fat free cottage cheese
1 3/4 c Fat free shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
1.5 jars (about 3.5 cups, or more depending on how saucy you like your lasagna) Prego Light Smart Traditional Italian sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano, dried
1 tbsp basil, ground
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1.5-2 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
6 lasagna noodles
16 oz. Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking dish with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 1 c of Prego sauce in bottom of dish, or enough to cover bottom. Set aside.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, or boil about 7 minutes.
3. While noodles are cooking, heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add ground turkey. Heat until cooked through.
4. Add remaining Prego sauce to turkey and leave simmer over low heat.
5. In large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella, salt, oregano, basil, onion powder, black pepper, garlic, and spinach.
6. Place three of the lasagna noodles side-by-side in the baking dish across the bottom. Spoon 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture over lasagna noodles and spread out evenly. Spoon 1/2 of the sauce and turkey mixture over the cottage cheese. Place the remaining three lasagna noodles on top. Repeat with cottage cheese and sauce mixtures.
7. Top with remaining mozzarella.
8. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes, uncover for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
9. Allow to set for 5-10 minutes after coming out of oven, cut into 15 equal portions.
Yields 15 servings, serving size 1 piece
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ system
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.