Oat Banana Nut Muffins
March 4, 2013
Breads/Muffins, Gluten/Milk Free, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
2 large, ripe bananas
1/2 c Rice Dreams Enriched Vanilla rice milk
1 egg white
1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c walnuts, chopped
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c quick oats
4 tbsp honey
1 c gluten-free pancake and waffle mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a regular size muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, honey, egg white, milk, vanilla and applesauce until well combined.
3. In another mixing bowl, stir together pancake/waffle mix, oats, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients. Stir together until just combined.
5. Spoon an even amount of mixture into muffin pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Yields 12 muffins, serving size 1 muffin
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from food.com