Chicken and Orzo Vegetable Soup
March 5, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Easy Dinners, Pasta Dishes, Soups, Weight Watcher Friendly
8 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
4 medium uncooked carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
1 medium uncooked fennel bulb, thinly sliced and then chopped
1 c uncooked orzo
2 c cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp fresh dill
1. Heat broth, salt and pepper in a large pot over high heat. Bring to boil.
2. Add carrots, fennel and orzo. Return to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken and continue to cook until chicken is heated through.
5. Remove pot from heat. Stir in lemon juice and dill.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 1/4 c
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe from weightwatchers.com