Perfect Gluten-free Brownies
March 5, 2013
Dessert, Gluten/Milk Free, Vegetarian
1 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp instant coffee grounds
1 tbsp vanilla
1 c Smart Balance light, dairy free butter
2 1/4 c white sugar
1 1/2 c all purpose gluten-free flour
1 1/2 c Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chip minis or dairy free chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, coffee and vanilla. Stir until smooth and well combined.
3. In a medium sized bowl, melt butter in the microwave. When melted, add sugar, and stir.
4. Add butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture. Stir until smooth. Make sure the butter mixture is warm, but not too hot, or it will scramble your eggs.
5. Add the flour and chocolate chips to batter and stir to incorporate.
6. Spread batter into greased pan.
7. Bake brownies about 30 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the brownies and look for it to come out clean.
8. Cool pan on wire cooling rack.
*Made with love as a special treat for my daughter, so no weight watcher points calculated.
Recipe modified from glorioustreats.com