Spiced Rice and Vegetable Fish Bowls
March 5, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Easy Dinners, Fish, Gluten/Milk Free, Weight Watcher Friendly
*2 Lemon Pepper tilapia fillets (I use Sea Cuisine brand, points+ are calculated using this fish but you could substitute your favorite fish.)
1/4 c brown rice, dry
scant 1/2 c water
1/2 c sweet yellow corn, cooked
1/2 c black beans, rinsed, drained
2 tbsp cilantro, fresh
1 tsp cumin, ground
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 c sweet red pepper, chopped
2 tbsp red onion, chopped
2 lime wedges
1. Cook fish fillets according to package directions.
2. While fish is cooking, combine water, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion, and red pepper to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then add rice. After adding rice, bring back to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, covered.
3 . Turn heat off. Add corn and black beans to rice mixture. Cover again and allow to sit for at least another 5-7 minutes over residual heat on stove top.
4. Divide rice and vegetable mixture into two serving bowls.
5. Chop each fish into pieces. Place chopped fillet pieces evenly into rice & vegetable bowls.
6. Top each bowl with 1 tbsp fresh cilantro and a squeeze of a lime juice from wedge.
*If you use Sea Cuisine brand, the fish fillets will come with a sauce packet. I discarded the sauce packet. However, you may want to use the sauce to drizzle on top. Add additional points for sauce if you use it.
Yields 2 servings, serving size 1 bowl
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from pinchofyum.com