Cheddar-Broccoli Rice Stuffed Baked Potatoes
March 12, 2013
Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 c brown rice, dry
1 1/3 c chicken broth, 100% fat free
2 c broccoli (thawed, drained, if using frozen)
3/4 c Fat free cheddar cheese, shredded (Use your favorite Soy cheese for milk free option)
1/2 c Egg Beaters (or 2 eggs, lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 1/4 tsp Smart Balance Light butter
2 1/4 tsp Gluten-free All-purpose flour
4 tsp Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Seasoning and Mix (1/2 packet)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 regular sized muffin cups in a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Bring 1 c of chicken broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add rice. Reduce to low heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove from heat and let set, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
3. While rice is cooking, melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. When melted, add flour and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine. When combined, slowly add 1/3 c chicken broth to butter mixture. Whisk to combine, making sure there are no lumps. Heat over medium-low heat until mixture thickens, about 2-4 minutes.
4. Add broccoli, salt, and pepper to sauce mixture. Stir to combine and heat for about 3 minutes.
5. Add broccoli/sauce mixture to rice and mix well. Stir in egg beaters to rice/broccoli mixture (allow rice to cool slightly before adding eggs in or they will scramble). Mix in 1/2 c shredded cheese.
6. Fill 9 muffin cups evenly with cheddar-broccoli rice mixture. Top each cup evenly with remaining 1/4 c shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. While broccoli cups are baking, cook 4-6 baked potatoes in microwave for 15-20 minutes. Cooking times vary based on number of potatoes and each microwave is different.
9. Slice each baked potato down the center and push ends to create a well in the center of the potato. Place one cheddar-broccoli rice cup on each baked potato, it will be necessary to spread it out over the potato with a fork.
10. Top with 1 tbsp sour cream and sprinkle of green onions.
*You could also just eat the cheddar-broccoli rice cups without the potato because they are delicious all on their own 🙂
Yields 9 cheddar-broccoli rice cups, serving size 1 cheddar-broccoli rice cup
Rice cups only: 2 points each on Weight Watchers Points+ System
Add 4 additional points for a 7 oz. baked potato
Add 1 additional point for 1 tbsp sour cream
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from fountainavenuekitchen.com