Two-bean and Rice Burrito
March 13, 2013
Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style, Weight Watcher Friendly
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp cumin, ground
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 oz. chopped green chilies
1/2 c rice
scant 3/4 c chicken broth, 100% fat free
2/3 c pinto beans, rinsed, drained
2/3 c black beans, rinsed, drained
2 medium scallions, chopped
1/4 c sweet red pepper, chopped
1/2 c + 2 tbsp Fat free cheddar cheese, shredded (Or your favorite soy cheese)
6 tbsp sour cream or fat free plain Greek yogurt
5 tbsp medium salsa
1 1/4 c lettuce, shredded
5 whole wheat tortillas (I use La Tortilla Factory, or use your favorite gluten-free tortilla)
1. Bring chicken broth, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, green chilies, and chopped red peppers to a boil in a medium sauce pan on high heat.
2. Add rice, reduce heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Turn off heat. Add pinto beans and black beans to rice. Cover and allow to sit over residual heat for about 7 minutes covered.
4. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
5. Assemble each burrito with the follow ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp sour cream spread on the bottom of each tortilla
1/2 c rice and bean mixture on top of sour cream
1 tbsp scallions
1/8 c fat free cheddar cheese
1 tbsp salsa
1/4 c lettuce
6. Wrap up and enjoy.
Yields 5 burritos, serving size 1 burrito
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System (burrito as assembled in directions)
*2 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System (just 1/2 c rice & bean mixture)
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from easykitchenrecipes.com