Coconut Crusted Chicken with Dijon-Marmalade Sauce
March 18, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 (4 oz. each) boneless skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 tbsp gluten-free flour (regular flour works too)
1 egg white
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c shredded coconut flakes, sweetened
1/4 c Glutino gluten-free bread crumbs (regular, plain bread crumbs work too)
1/4 c Smucker’s Sweet Orange Marmalade
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top of foil. Spray rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Add bread crumbs and coconut flakes to a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir until crumbs and coconut flakes are toasted golden brown. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to shallow dish. Set aside.
3. Add egg white in a second, separate, shallow dish. Whisk lightly. Set aside.
4. In a large Ziploc bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Add to Ziploc bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated with flour mixture. Set floured chicken on plate.
6. Dip one chicken breast in egg white, coating evenly on all sides. Then dip egg-coated chicken in bread crumb mixture, coating evenly on all sides. Place coated chicken on prepared wire rack on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and turn each piece over. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
8. While chicken is cooking, combine orange marmalade and dijon mustard in a small dish. Stir until well combined. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
9. After baking, allow chicken to rest for at least five minutes on wire rack. Top baked chicken with 1 tbsp of dijon-marmalade sauce. Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 chicken breast & 1 tbsp dijon sauce
6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
(5 points for coconut crusted chicken breast only, 1 point for 1 tbsp dijon-marmalade sauce)
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from mmmcafe.blogspot.com