Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
March 25, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style, Weight Watcher Friendly
8 La Tortilla factory Low Carb large tortillas (or your favorite gluten-free tortillas)
1 lb chicken breast, cubed
1/2 c fat free cottage cheese
1/2 c part-skim ricotta cheese
1 small onion, chopped
2 small cans enchilada sauce
4 oz green chilies, chopped
1 c 2% Mexican cheese, divided
4 green onions, chopped
1. Cook chicken as desired (I usually season mine with salt, pepper, then bake at 350 for about 35 minutes). Cube cooked chicken once cooled.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Spread 1 can of enchilada sauce on bottom of glass baking dish. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, onion, green chilies, and ricotta cheese. Stir until well combined.
4. Add 1/2 c shredded cheese and chicken pieces to cottage cheese mixture. Combine well.
5. Lay out tortillas on flat surface. Scoop about 1/3 c of mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tortilla, folding in the ends and place seam side down into prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
6. Pour second can of enchilada sauce over prepared enchiladas. Top with remaining 1/2 c shredded cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
8. Top with chopped green onions.
Optional: Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 enchilada
6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from skinnymom.com