GF/MF Roux:3 tbsp all-purpose gluten-free flour
3 tbsp Smart Balance Light, dairy free butter
1 ¼ c V8 low sodium vegetable juice
¼ tsp salt
dash black pepper
dash onion powder
dash garlic powder
dash basil, dried, ground
dash oregano ½ lb extra lean hamburger
14 oz. cut green beans
½ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp black pepper
4 small yellow potatoes (about 12 oz of potatoes)
¼ c Rice dreams rice milk (or your favorite milk)
4 slices Go Veggie! American flavored Soy cheese
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat. Whisk flour into melted butter. Slowly add V8 liquid, whisking as you pour to prevent lumps from forming. Turn heat to medium-low whisking until bubbly and thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Brown hamburger in skillet over medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat. Add green beans to hamburger. Stir to combine. Add in V8 roux to hamburger and green beans. Cover with lid and allow to simmer over low heat while making the mashed potatoes.
4. Cook potatoes in microwave until soft and cooked through (about 7 minutes). Mash potatoes with a fork. Add milk and stir to combine. Stir in salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
5. Transfer hamburger/green bean mixture to prepared baking dish. Spoon mounds of mashed potatoes on top of hamburger mixture. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the top of the hamburger green bean mixture. Top with slices of cheese.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until everything is heated through and cheese is melted on top. Yields 8 servings, 1 piece
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers. Recipe for roux modified from afrugalsimplelife.com