Homemade Cheese Crackers (Gluten/Milk free)
April 1, 2013
Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Side Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 c all-purpose gluten-free flour
4 tbsp Smart Balance light, dairy free butter
8 oz. Cheddar flavored soy cheese shreds
2 tbsp ice cold water
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor. Pulse ingredients until dough looks like coarse sand.
2. Add water 1 tbsp at a time, pulsing as you add it.
3. Remove dough from food processor and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooing spray. Set aside.
5. Remove dough from refrigerator, and roll out with rolling pin between two sheets of wax paper to 1/8 inch thickness.
7. Use a pizza cutter or cookie cutter to cut desired shapes. Use toothpick to add hole in the middle.
8. Transfer cutouts to prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Cooking time depends on thickness of your crackers. Thinner crackers will have a crispier texture.
Yields 150 crackers, serving size 10 crackers
2 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from tastykitchen.com