Crispy Cinnamon Apple Chips
April 3, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Dessert, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 red apples of your favorite variety (I love sweeter ones for these like Gala or Honey Crisp)
Sprinkles of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 240. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and place racks on top so that apples are not directly on foil. Set aside.
2. Core apples and slice thin with a knife or mandolin. The thinner the apple, the crispier the chip.
3. Place sliced apples on top of racks on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Bake for 1 hr 35 min. Remove baking sheets. Flip chips and sprinkle with cinnamon. Return to oven and bake an additional 1 hr 35 min. or until chips are crispy and dried.
5. Allow to cool for 5 min. before eating.
**Cook time greatly varies depending upon how thick you slice your apples. Thinner sliced apples need less cook time. If you use a knife and have a variety of thicknesses, you may need to remove the thinner ones and allow thicker ones to continue cooking.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 oz.
2 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.