Strawberry Donuts with Chocolate Drizzle
April 11, 2013
Breads/Muffins, Breakfast, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 c all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c Rice Dreams Vanilla Rice Milk (or your favorite kind of milk)
1/4 c egg beaters (or 1 egg)
1/8 c unsweetened applesauce
1/8 c banana, mashed (about 1/2 of a small banana)
10 medium strawberries, hulled, quartered
1/2 tbsp honey
2 tsp strawberry jam
1/4 c Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips (regular ones work fine too)
1/2 tbsp shortening
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
3. Put strawberries, honey, and strawberry jam in blender. Puree until smooth.
4. Stir milk and egg beaters into flour mixture until just moist. Stir in strawberry puree and applesauce in next until just combined. Don’t over mix. Fold in mashed banana.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared donut pan.
6. Bake for 8-11 minutes. Allow to rest in pan for 5 minutes after baking. Transfer to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before adding chocolate drizzle.
1. In a small dish add chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave in 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring after each cook time, until completely melted.
2. Pour melted chocolate in piping bag (Ziploc sandwich bag works fine too…just snip a very small portion of one corner). Drizzle chocolate over donuts and allow to set for about 5 minutes.
*These are best eaten fresh. If you have extra left over, freeze or store in air tight container in refrigerator.
Yields 11 donuts
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
2 points without chocolate drizzle