Mini Fish Tacos
April 14, 2013
Appetizer, Easy Dinners, Fish, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 Sea Cuisine Asian Spice Tilapia fillets
1 Asian sauce packet (comes with Sea Cuisine tilapia fillets)
16 wonton wrappers
Ingredients for slaw:
2 c red cabbage, shredded
2 tbsp red onion
1/4 c + 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt, plain
1/2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp honey
dash of salt
dash of black pepper
1. Add shredded cabbage to large Ziplock bag.
2. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, red onion, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, and sauce packet. Stir until well combined. Pour over cabbage in Ziplock bag. Shake until cabbage is completely coated with yogurt mixture. Place in refrigerator to marinate while cooking fish and wonton wrappers.
3. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place two tilapia fillets on prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. With about 5 minutes of cooking time left on fish, prepare wonton wrappers. Lay wonton skins and lightly brush with a little bit of olive oil. Flip skins and brush the other side.
5. When fish is finished cooking, reduce oven temperature to 350. Place wonton wrappers on a cooling rack between two wires so that the edges hang downward. Place rack directly on oven rack, allowing sides of wonton wrappers to hang down. Bake for about 7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Allow wonton taco shells to cool for about three minutes. Remove prepared slaw from refrigerator. Assemble tacos by cutting each fish fillet into four equal parts. Place one fish piece (shred each piece as you fill the taco) in each shell. Top with prepared marinated slaw.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 4 tacos
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.