Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
May 1, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Weight Watcher Friendly
5 (4 oz. each) Italian marinated Perdue single serve chicken breast
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 c egg beaters (equal to 1 egg, beaten)
3/4 c stuffing mix, dry
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 c fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c broccoli, drained, chopped (thawed, if frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a glass baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, egg, scallions, dried onion and mozzarella until well combined. Once combined, stir in stuffing and broccoli.
3. Lay out marinated chicken breasts flat on a plate (you could pound your chicken out with a tenderizer to make stuffing and rolling them easier. I didn’t because I don’t have that tool in my kitchen…yet!).
4. Spoon about 2 tbsp of cream cheese stuffing mixture onto the middle of each chicken breast. Roll (or fold over if you didn’t pound out your chicken) chicken to enclose the stuffing mixture. Secure with two wooden toothpicks so that the stuffing mixture is secured inside the chicken.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
6. Remove from oven and let set for five minutes. Remove and discard toothpicks. Serve immediately.
Yields 5 servings, serving size 1 stuffed chicken breast
6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.