Oven Baked Camper Packs
May 4, 2013
Extra Lean Hamburger Dishes, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 lb extra lean ground hamburger
1/2 + 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 + 1/4 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c fat free cheddar cheese (or Soy cheddar flavored cheese for milk free option)
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 small green pepper, seeded, sliced
1 c carrot chips or thinly sliced carrot rounds
1.5 lbs small red or golden potatoes, diced
1/4 tsp thyme, dried, ground
1/2 tsp basil, dried, ground
6 tbsp Ketchup
6 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375. Tear 4 large sheets of aluminum foil and lay out flat on counter top.
2. In a large bowl, combine hamburger, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, garlic, and cheese. Once mixed well, form four equal patties of hamburger mixture. Flatten with the palm of your hands. Place each patty in middle of a sheet of foil.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, toss potatoes in 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, thyme, and basil until all potatoes are well coated with seasonings. Spoon potatoes around or on top of hamburger patties in the middle of each sheet of foil.
4. Add sliced onion, green pepper (the amount of these is really up to your liking and your own personal taste) and 1/4 c carrots to the top of each hamburger/potato foil sheet.
5. In a small dish stir together ketchup, Worcestershire, and brown sugar until well combined. Spoon 2 tbsp of ketchup mixture on top of each patty and vegetables.
6. Fold foil over and make a series of tight, overlapping folds all the way around to form a tightly sealed foil pack. Place foil packs on cookie sheet.
7. Bake 375 for 45-60 min or until vegetables are tender and hamburger is cooked through. Carefully check for doneness at 45 minutes (steam will escape so be careful not to burn yourself).
8. Remove foil packs from oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, or until foil is cool enough to handle to open each pack. Carefully open each pack, being careful not to burn yourself on escaping steam.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 foil pack
8 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.