May 5, 2013
Extra Lean Hamburger Dishes, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 lb. extra lean ground hamburger
1/4 c egg beaters (equal to one egg)
1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning, divided 2/5 tsp
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 c yellow corn
10 oz. red enchilada sauce
4 oz. green chilies, chopped, seeded
3/4 c reduced-fat Mexican cheese, shredded (Use Cheddar flavored Soy shreds for dairy free option)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c sugar
1 c all-purpose gluten-free flour (I like XOXO Baking Co. brand)
1/2 c yellow corn meal
1/3 + 1/8 c Rice Dreams Rice Milk (or your favorite milk, any will work)
1/2 tbsp Smart Balance Light, dairy free butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9″ pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, 2 1/2 tsp of the taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir until well mixed.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine egg beaters and sugar. Mix until well combined. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until mixed together.
4. Add milk, green chilies, melted butter, and corn meal to flour/egg mixture. Stir until just moist.
5. Fold corn into flour mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. While corn bread crust is baking, cook hamburger and remaining 2 1/2 tsp taco seasoning over medium-high heat in skillet until brown and cooked through (it might be necessary to add a few tbsp of water to hamburger mixture to mix seasoning in). Drain and discard any excess grease.
7. When corn bread crust is finished baking, remove from oven and pierce entire surface with a fork, creating several small holes in corn bread crust. Pour enchilada sauce over top of pierced corn bread crust.
8. Spoon cooked hamburger over enchilada sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of hamburger. Place back in oven and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchilada sauce is bubbling.
9. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 8 equal “pie” slices.
10. Serve garnished with cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and diced tomatoes, if desired.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 “pie” slice
6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
*add additional points for sour cream
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.