May 9, 2013
Breakfast, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas (I use La Tortilla Factory brand)
1 1/3 c egg beaters
8 slices Canadian Bacon, diced (you could substitute any meat here, this is just what I had on hand. These are really good using turkey sausage patties heated and crumbled.)
1/2 c reduced fat Mexican cheese, shredded
8 oz. yellow baby potatoes (4 small potatoes, about 2 oz. each)
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Salsa or Ketchup
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. In a small dish, combine eggs, salt, pepper, and bacon pieces. Pour into hot skillet. Cook until eggs are scrambles and no longer wet and bacon pieces are cooked through.
3. Add cheese to skillet. Stir and heat until cheese is melted and mix in to eggs and bacon.
3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide egg mixture into four equal portions and spoon onto each tortilla.
5. Heat potatoes in microwave for 3-4 minutes (cook time will vary based on your microwave). Slice potatoes into thin slices then, in half the opposite way. Divide potatoes evenly among burritos over top.
6. Roll up and serve with a side of salsa or drizzle with ketchup before rolling it up.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 breakfast burrito
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System