Chicken Fajita Camper Packs
May 12, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 c fat free chicken broth
1 c brown rice, dry
1 Fajita seasoning packet
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 c salsa
1/2 c reduced fat Mexican cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 400. Tear 4 large sheets of aluminum foil. Spray each sheet with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a medium pot, combine chicken broth and fajita packet over high heat until bubbles begin to form. Don’t let the broth get too hot or it will bubble over. Add rice. Bring rice to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes, covered.
3. While rice cooks, make rub for chicken breasts by combining salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
4. Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Rub paprika mixture evenly on both sides of each chicken breast. Set chicken on plate and set aside.
5. When rice is finished simmering, turn off heat, fluff with fork. Cover with lid again and let set over residual heat for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Scoop 1/2 c rice into middle of each foil sheet. Top rice with one seasoned chicken breast each.
7. Add 2 tbsp salsa on top of each piece of chicken. Top with 2 slices red/green pepper, and 2 tbsp cheese on each pack.
8. Fold foil over, creating a series of tight, overlapping folds to seal in steam. Place on baking
sheet. Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Be careful when checking for doneness as steam will escape and be very hot. You can cut slits in the foil before opening them to release the steam.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 chicken fajita pack
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.