Sloppy Joe Hash Brown Bake
May 16, 2013
Gluten/Milk Free, Ground Turkey Dishes, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
3/4 c ketchup
3 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 c Bisquick (I used gluten-free, but you could use regular)
1/4 c + 2 tbsp egg beaters
1/3 c milk (any milk will work, I used rice milk)
2 1/2 tbsp shortening
1 1/4 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
2 c shredded hash browns (my favorite is Simply Potatoes Garlic & Herb)
2 tbsp oil
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Heat oil a large skillet over medium heat. Add hash browns to skillet. Let cook for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly browned. Flip with a spatula and cook an additional 5-6 minutes. Turn burner off and leave set in hot pan while preparing other ingredients.
3. Heat a clean large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Turn off heat, but leave skillet on burner. Stir ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar into turkey.
4. Spoon turkey mix into bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread cooked hash browns evenly on top of turkey.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, add Bisquick and shortening. Cut shortening into Bisquick with a fork until it resembles coarse sand. Add milk and eggs to Bisquick. Mix well.
6. Drop tablespoon-sized Bisquick dough on top of hash browns. Spread Bisquick slightly with a spoon or spatula evenly over top.
7. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and divide into 12 pieces.
Yields 12 servings, serving size 1 piece
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.