Cheesy Broccoli & Bacon Stuffed Baked Potato
May 25, 2013
Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 russet potatoes (7 oz. each)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt + more for seasoning outside of potatoes
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp black pepper + more for seasoning outside of potatoes
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
3/4 c fat free milk
3/4 c reduced fat (2%) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
10 oz. broccoli, thawed (if frozen), chopped
3 pieces Canadian Bacon, diced
sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Scrub potatoes under running water. Pat potatoes dry. Using your hands, rub the outside of each potato with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of each potato.
2. Pierce potatoes several times with a knife or fork. Bake potatoes on the oven rack, or on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, flipping potatoes every 20 minutes. Check for doneness by pricking the potato with a knife. When the inside is soft, they are done.
3. When potatoes have about 10 minutes of cook time left, begin preparing broccoli cheese sauce. Add flour, salt, nutmeg, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a medium-sized pot. Over medium heat, gradually whisk in milk. Allow to cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
4. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese until smooth. Add in broccoli and diced Canadian bacon pieces. Simmer until broccoli is tender and heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove potatoes from oven. Allow potatoes to cool enough able to be handled. Place each potato on a plate. Make a slit in each potato and squeeze the ends to open the potato. Top each potato with 1/3 c of the broccoli bacon cheese sauce.
6. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Yields 4 cheesy broccoli & bacon stuffed potatoes, serving size 1 stuffed potato
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
*add additional points for sour cream
I am in no way affiliated with Weigh Watchers.