1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (for batter)
1 1/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (for chocolate coating) 1 tbsp shortening
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with on medium speed in stand mixer until creamy. Add milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
2. Add flour, then mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips for batter.
3. Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes in bowl until firm enough to roll or scoop into balls.
4. Place rolled balls or scoops on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes.
5. Place chocolate chips for coating in a microwave safe bowl. Add shortening to bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments on 50% power, stirring after each microwave time. Continue until chocolate and shortening is completely melted and mixed together (usually about 4-5 times).
7. Add sprinkles on top and place on wax paper to set. Place pops back into refrigerator for at least 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate coating hardens.
8. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week. Yields about 25 chocolate covered cookie dough pops Recipe modified from www.bakerella.com