Chicken Alfredo Pizza
June 3, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pizza, Weight Watcher Friendly
for the chicken-
1 lb chicken breast or tenderloins
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
for the crust-
2 ½ c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 c warm water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tsp Italian seasoning
pinch garlic powder
for the Alfredo sauce-
2 tsp Smart Balance light butter
¼ tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp flour
½ c skim milk
1 tbsp low fat cream cheese
¼ c Parmesan cheese, shredded
Dried parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small dish, combine salt and pepper for chicken. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Rub both sides of chicken with salt and pepper mix. Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken.
3. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
4. While chicken is baking, prepare pizza dough. Begin by combining flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in your stand mixer mixing bowl. Add water and 1 tbsp of oil into bowl with dry ingredients. Knead dough for 5 minutes with dough hook attachment.
5. Scrape dough down and remove. Spray mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray and return dough ball to bowl. Toss to coat dough with non-stick spray. Cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm area for 20 minutes to let rise.
6. While dough is rising and chicken finishes baking, prepare Alfredo sauce. In a small sauce pan melt butter over low heat. Once melted, add garlic powder, lemon zest, and flour. Cook for about a minute.
7. Gradually whisk in milk. Whisking constantly until thickened, 4-5 minutes.
8. Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, whisk until both are melted into sauce, about 2 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and allow sauce to sit over residual heat while you prepare the dough and chicken.
10. Remove chicken from oven, let rest for at least 5 minutes. Dice into bite-sized pieces.
11. Remove dough from mixing bowl. Spread dough out with hands (do not use rolling pin) on greased pizza pan all the way to the edge of the pan. Make sure dough is an even thickness all the way around.
12. In a small dish, combine remaining 1 tbsp oil, Italian seasoning, and dash of garlic powder. Brush mixture about 2 inches around the outside edge of the pizza dough for the crust.
13. Add Alfredo sauce inside ring you just made with the oil mixture, leaving about 2″ around the outside for the crust. Top with chicken pieces.
14. Bake at 450 for 12-14 minutes or until pizza is golden brown and dough is cooked through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with dried parsley. Cut into 8 or 12 pieces.
if cut into 8:
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 piece
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
if cut into 12:
Yields 6 servings, serving size 2 pieces
9 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System (4.5 points/slice)
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.