Parmesan Ranch Crusted Chicken
June 4, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix, dry
1/3 c bread crumbs, plain
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tsp garlic powder
6 chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
(Optional) 6 tbsp Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray wire rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Heat bread crumbs over medium heat in a dry skillet. Stir constantly with a spoon until all bread crumbs are toasted and golden brown. Watch carefully because they can burn easily. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Place chicken in large Ziploc bag. Pour ranch seasoning mix over chicken. Seal bag tightly and shake to cover chicken.
4. When bread crumbs are cool, pour into a shallow dish big enough to fit each piece of chicken. Add garlic powder and cheese to bread crumbs.
5. Working with one piece at a time, press each chicken breast into the bread crumb mixture. Flip chicken over and coat the other side, pressing firmly to coat well. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
6. Place each crusted chicken breast on prepared wire rack. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet, flip each piece of chicken. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes. Serve drizzled with 1 tbsp ranch dressing over each chicken breast, if desired.
Yields 6 servings, serving size 1 crusted chicken breast
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
*add one point for ranch dressing
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers