Homemade Taco Pizza
June 9, 2013
Extra Lean Hamburger Dishes, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pizza, Weight Watcher Friendly
for the crust-
2 ½ c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 c warm water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tsp Italian seasoning
pinch garlic powder
3/4 c fat free refried beans
1/2 lb. extra lean ground hamburger
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1/4 c water
1 c lettuce, shredded
1/2 c fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1 oz. tortilla chips, crushed (about 7 of the large restaurant style chips)
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 c tomato, diced (I left these off)
(optional) taco sauce
(optional) sour cream
1. Prepare the crust. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in your stand mixer mixing bowl. Add water and 1 tbsp of oil into bowl with dry ingredients. Knead dough for 5 minutes with dough hook attachment.
5. Scrape dough down and remove from bowl. Spray mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray and return dough ball to bowl. Toss to coat dough with non-stick spray. Cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm area for 20 minutes to let rise.
3. With about 5 min. remaining of dough rise time, brown hamburger in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease and discard. Add taco seasoning and water to hamburger and simmer for a few minutes until water is absorbed into meat and seasoning. Turn off heat and set meat aside.
11. Remove dough from mixing bowl. Spread dough out with hands (do not use rolling pin) on greased pizza pan all the way to the edge of the pan. Make sure dough is an even thickness all the way around.
12. In a small dish, combine remaining 1 tbsp oil, Italian seasoning, and dash of garlic powder. Brush mixture about 2 inches around the outside edge of the pizza dough for the crust.
13. Spread refried beans inside the ring you just made with the oil mixture, leaving about 2″ around the outside for the crust. Top with hambruger.
14. Bake at 450 for 12-14 minutes or until pizza is golden brown and dough is cooked through. Remove from oven, top with cheese, lettuce, onion, chips, and tomato (if desired). Cut into 8 or 12 pieces.
if cut into 8:
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 piece
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
if cut into 12:
Yields 6 servings, serving size 2 pieces
9 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System (4.5 points/slice)
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.