Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
June 17, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Chicken Dishes, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Sandwiches, Weight Watcher Friendly
1/4 c Franks Red Hot original hot sauce
1/8 c water
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/3 c bread crumbs, plain
2 egg whites, beaten lightly
4 chicken breast filets (4 oz. each)
4 whole wheat buns (I prefer Slimwiches)
Tomato (I left this off)
4 tsp light mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and place wire rack on top. Spray rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Add bread crumbs to a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir constantly and cook until crumbs are golden brown (about 5-7 minutes). Watch carefully because crumbs can go from golden brown to burnt very quickly. Pour toasted crumbs into a shallow dish. Add salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and garlic powder to toasted bread crumbs. Stir until all spices are well combined into bread crumbs.
3. In a second shallow dish, whisk together hot sauce and water. In a third shallow dish, lightly beat two egg whites.
4. Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Place chicken and flour in a large Ziploc bag. Seal bag and shake to coat chicken breasts evenly.
5. Using tongs, dip each chicken breast (one at a time), in the egg whites coating completely on both sides. Then, press chicken into bread crumb mixture. Flip and coat the other side with bread crumbs. Finally, dip chicken in hot sauce mixture. Flip and coat the other side with hot sauce mixture.
6. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts until all have gone through the dredging process. Place coated chicken on prepared wire rack on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip each chicken breast and cook on the other side for another 15 minutes (30 minutes total).
7. Spread 1 tsp light mayonnaise on each bun. Top with lettuce and tomato. Place one cooked chicken breast on each bun.
**These pair perfectly with the homemade french fries.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 spicy chicken sandwich
7 points on Weigh Watchers Points+ System
(4 points for just spicy chicken breast)
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.