Lime & Sweet Chili-Glazed Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
June 19, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1.5 lbs chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
1 c fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
3/4 medium onion, cut into chunks
1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into chunks
10 grape tomatoes
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in a water bath for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking kabobs.
2. In a large Ziploc bag combine chicken tenderloins, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sweet chili sauce. Seal bag tightly and turn bag several times until chicken is well coated with marinade. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag over after 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from refrigerator and cut each tenderloin into bite-sized pieces (I cut each tenderloin into three or four pieces, depending on size). Place in a bowl.
4. Place veggies and pineapple each in separate bowls. Remove skewers from water bath, if using wooden ones, and begin assembling kabobs. I added about three chicken pieces, two peppers, two onion slices, two pineapple chunks, and a tomato to each skewer, but you can do it however you like!
5. Cook according to your preferred method:
Cooking option 1: Broiling
Preheat broiler on low setting for at least 10 minutes. Preheat broiling pan as well. Spray hot broiling pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add skewers to hot pan. Cook 7-8 minutes with rack in top position in the oven. Remove skewers, turn, brush with remaining marinade. Return skewers to oven and cook and additional 7-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Discard remaining marinade.
Cooking option 2: Grilling
Spray grill rack with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire. Place skewers on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes).
Yields 5 servings, serving size 2 kabobs
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System