Filet Mignon Foil Packs
June 30, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Gluten/Milk Free, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 (4 oz. each) filet mignon steaks
1 bag (1.5 lbs) steamable red potatoes
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
1/2 medium yellow pepper, sliced
6 tbsp Lawry’s Signature Steakhouse Marinade
1. In a large Ziploc bag, combine 2 tbsp of steakhouse marinade and filet mignon steaks. Toss to coat steak well with marinade. Leave set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Steam potatoes according to package directions for half of the time indicated in the directions. Allow to cool enough to handle, then cut potatoes into eighths.
3. Place potatoes in a large bowl with thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat potatoes well.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Lay out four large sheets of aluminum foil. Spray each with non-stick cooking spray. Place one marinated steak filet on each sheet of foil. Spoon potatoes evenly around filet on each foil sheet.
5. Add 2 slices of each type of pepper and a handful of chopped onions on top of each filet. Drizzle 1 tbsp of steak marinade over each of the packs.
6. Fold one side of the foil pack over and make a series of tight overlapping folds to seal foil packs. Be sure they are sealed tightly so no steam can escape.
7. Place sealed foil packs on a baking sheet. Cook for 40-50 minutes, (depending on how you like your steak cooked) or until potatoes are tender. I cooked mine for about 50 minutes and my 4 oz. steak was cooked about medium.
Yields 4 servings, serving size 1 foil pack
11 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.