July 8, 2013
Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp dried yeast
1 1/2 c warm water, divided
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp Smart Balance Light butter, melted
10 Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 c warm water, yeast, and sugar. Cover and let set for 5 minutes, or until frothy.
2. In stand mixer bowl, combine flour and salt. Once yeast mixture is ready, pour into flour and salt. Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated into wet.
3. Switch to dough hook and kneed for 4-5 minutes on medium speed. Remove dough and coat mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Return dough to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
4. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
5. In small bowl, combine 1/2 c warm water and baking soda. Stir until baking soda is dissolved. Remove dough from bowl and punch it down. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 10 equal portions.
6. Roll out each piece on counter top with a rolling pin to form a small rectangle. Dip each piece into the water/baking soda mixture. Then, roll a turkey dog up encasing it in the pretzel dough piece. Pinch the seam to seal it and place it seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all 10 pretzel dogs are made in the same manner.
7. Cover pretzel dogs on baking sheet with a towel and let set for 10 minutes.
8. Remove towel and bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Pour some coarse salt into a shallow dish. Remove pan, brush pretzel dogs with melted butter and dip the top of each in salt.
Yields 10 servings, serving size 1 pretzel dog
4 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.