July 18, 2013
Dessert, Gluten/Milk Free, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
*I threw these together on a whim after seeing the idea on Pinterest over at The Cooking Dish & because I needed to use up these exact three ingredients. So I didn’t really measure anything exactly, but these are pretty close guesses. You can’t mess these up 😉
1 c chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk chocolate, which ever you prefer) *Use Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips for DF option
1 tbsp shortening
1/2 bag mini marshmallows (about 5-6 oz.)
6 sheets graham crackers, crushed (+/- depending on how much cracker crust you desire) *Use gluten-free S’moreable graham crackers for GF option
1. Place graham crackers in large Ziploc bag. Seal bag tightly and roll over with rolling pin until graham crackers are crushed finely. You could also do this in a food processor. (I didn’t want to dirty any kitchen gadgets.) Set aside.
2. Place marshmallows in a large bowl. Set aside. Spread out a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave in 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring in between each time, until chocolate chips and shortening are melted and smooth.
4. Pour melted chocolate over marshmallows. Stir until all marshmallows are evenly coated. Pour 1/2 of the crushed graham crackers over marshmallows. Toss with your hands to coat.
5. Spread coated marshmallows into a single layer onto prepared wax paper. Sprinkle remaining crushed graham crackers onto marshmallows. Place in s’more bites in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
6. Transfer to a sealed air-tight container. Store in refrigerator.
Yields about 12 servings, serving size 1/4 c
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from www.thecookingdish.com