Zesty Italian Chicken Bowties
July 19, 2013
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Pasta Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil, dried, ground
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 c onion, chopped
14.5 oz can Fat free, low sodium chicken broth
14.5 oz can Diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (by Del Monte)
4 oz. can diced green chilies
8 oz. whole wheat bowtie pasta, dry
1/2 c Fat free Zesty Italian dressing
3 oz. Kraft Italian three cheese blend, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Rinse chicken breasts and place in prepared baking dish. In a small dish combine salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Once combined, sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over chicken. Rub seasonings into chicken. Flip and coat the other side of each chicken breast evenly.
3. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
4. When chicken is finished, allow chicken to rest until cool enough to handle. Cube chicken into bite-sized pieces.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium low heat for about 4 minutes. Add onion and sautée for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
6. Add in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and cubed chicken. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add in dry bowtie pasta, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 17 minutes.
7. Turn heat off. Remove lid. Stir in Zesty Italian dressing and cheese until pasta is well coated. Let set over residual heat until cheese is melted through.
Yields 9 servings, serving size 3/4 c
5 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.