Sausage and Potato Foil Packs
July 24, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Easy Dinners, Gluten/Milk Free, Turkey Sausage Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
13 oz. Hillshire Farms turkey sausage
1.5 lbs. Simply Spuds steamable red potatoes
15 oz. bag peeled baby carrots
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Smart Balance light butter
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp thyme, dried, ground
1/4 tsp rosemary, crushed
1 tsp basil, dried, ground
1. Preheat oven to 350. Tear five large sheets of aluminum foil from roll. Set out on counter top.
2. Cut sausage into 1/2 inch thick slices or bite-sized pieces. Place in large mixing bowl.
3. Steam potatoes in package in the microwave for 4.5 minutes. Remove from microwave and let set until cool enough to handle. Dice potatoes into eighths and place in mixing bowl with sausage pieces.
4. Add Worcestershire, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and basil to mixing bowl with sausage and potatoes. Cover with lid and toss until sausage and potatoes are evenly coated.
5. Empty bag of carrots into a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 tbsp water to bowl. Cover and heat on high for 6-7 minutes. Remove from microwave. Toss carrots with honey and butter.
6. Spoon carrots and sausage/potato mixture evenly into the center of each foil sheet. Seal foil by creating a series of tight, overlapping folds. Be sure your foil packs are sealed tightly so no steam escapes.
7. Place all five foil packs on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until carrots and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
Yields 5 servings, serving size 1 foil pack
6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.