BBQ Chicken Tenderloin Salad with Avocado dressing
September 2, 2013
Advocare Friendly, Chicken Dishes, Gluten/Milk Free, Salad, Weight Watcher Friendly
1/2 c (5.3 oz.) Stonyfield nonfat organic Greek yogurt
1 avocado, mashed
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
1.5 lbs chicken tenderloins
1/2 c homemade bbq sauce (or your favorite kind), divided
12 c lettuce (any variety)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top of the foil. Set aside.
2. Rinse and pat dry chicken tenderloins. Season both sides of each tenderloin with salt and pepper. Place chicken on wire rack. Brush the top side of each tenderloin with 1/2 of the BBQ sauce. Reserve the remaining BBQ sauce.
3. Bake chicken in oven for 15 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from oven, flip, and brush on remaining BBQ sauce. Place back in oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
5. While chicken finishes baking, add avocado, salt, pepper, lime juice, garlic, and yogurt to food processor. Puree together. Add extra virgin olive oil and blend until well combined.
6. Remove chicken from oven and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice each tenderloin into bite-sized pieces.
7. Build your salad by placing two cups of lettuce in each bowl. Add the following to each bowl:
about 3 tbsp of corn
about 3 tbsp of black beans
5-7 cherry tomatoes
1.5-2 BBQ chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
8. Drizzle each with 2 tbsp avocado dressing.
Yields 6 servings, serving size 1 complete salad with all listed components
8 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from www.sharedappetite.com