Pepperoni Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
September 2, 2013
Breads/Muffins, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pizza, Weight Watcher Friendly
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp sugar
1 c warm water
2 c fat free shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 tbsp active yeast, dry
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp garlic powder
20 slices Hormel Pepperoni, Turkey
1 cup Prego Pizza Sauce
1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in stand mixer mixing bowl. Add water and 1 tbsp of oil into bowl with dry ingredients. Knead dough for 5 minutes with dough hook attachment.
2. Scrape dough down from sides and remove dough from bowl. Spray mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray and return dough ball to bowl. Toss to coat dough with non-stick spray. Cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm area for 20 minutes to let rise.
3. Preheat oven to 450.
4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured counter top. Press dough with finger tips to stretch out to a larger circle (do not use rolling pin). I kept my pretty thick, maybe 8-10 inches in diameter.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into horizontal strips. Then, cut vertically to create small square pieces of dough.
6. Pour the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and garlic powder to mixing bowl. Add cut pieces of dough and toss until all pieces are coated well.
7. Layer half of the dough evenly in the bottom of a bundt pan. Sprinkle 1 c mozzarella cheese over dough pieces. Add 10 turkey pepperoni slices on top of cheese. Add remaining dough pieces and layer again with 1 c mozzarella cheese and top with remaining 10 turkey pepperonis.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes.
9. Turn pizza bread out onto large plate. Cut into 8 equal sections. Serve with 2 tbsp pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 piece
6 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.