September 15, 2013
Crock pot meals, Easy Dinners, Ground Turkey Dishes, Pasta Dishes, Soups, Weight Watcher Friendly
4 c beef broth
1/2 c water
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried basil
1 c onion, chopped
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
6 oz. tomato paste
2 cans (5.5 oz cans) V8 (I use one original and one hot spicy)
2 c whole wheat natural rotini noodles, dry
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp table salt
1 1/4 lb extra lean ground turkey
(optional) fat free mozzarella cheese, to sprinkle on top
(optional) sour cream
1. Add beef broth, garlic, parsley, basil, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, v8, salt, and pepper to crockpot. Stir to combine.
2. In a large skillet, cook ground turkey until no longer pink. Drain excess liquid from meat. Add cook ground turkey to crockpot.
3. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours (cook times may vary).
4. With about 45 minutes of cook time remaining, add dry rotini noodles and water to crockpot. Cover and allow to cook the remainder 45 minutes.
5. Serve in bowls topped with fat free mozzarella cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Yields 12 servings, serving size 1 c
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
*Add additional points for cheese and sour cream
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
recipe modified from www.familyfreshmeals.com