Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread
September 19, 2013
Breads/Muffins, Breakfast, Made from Scratch favorites, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger, ground
1/4 tsp cloves, ground
1/4 c Egg Beaters egg substitute
3/4 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c homemade pumpkin pie yogurt, or 0% plain yogurt
1 c pumpkin, canned
1/2 small banana, mashed (about 3 tbsp)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cloves. Stir until well integrated.
3. In a medium bowl combine egg beaters, brown sugar, yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla. Stir until combined. Fold in banana.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined, do not over mix.
5. Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
8. Cut into 16 equal slices. Serve with pumpkin butter spread or cream cheese.
Yields 12 servings, serving size 1 slice
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.