Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
October 14, 2013
Breads/Muffins, Breakfast, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Made from Scratch favorites, Vegetarian
1/2 c + 1 tbsp water, at room temperature
1/4 c skim milk, at room temperature
1 tbsp Smart Balance Light butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 c bread flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp active yeast for bread machines
1 tbsp Smart Balance Butter
1/4 c brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1 c powdered sugar
1 tsp Smart Balance Light butter, softened
1 1/2 tbsp skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Add ingredients for dough to bread machine pan as directed by your bread machine manufacturer. Mine has me add them in the order listed above.
2. Set bread machine to a regular size loaf on the dough setting.
3. When the dough cycle is complete, turn dough out onto a lightly floured, flat surface. Roll dough out to a 12 x 9 inch rectangle.
4. Spread butter (for filling) evenly over rolled out dough.
5. In a small dish combine brown sugar and cinnamon for filling. When well combined and no lumps remain, sprinkle sugar mixture over butter.
6. Begin rolling dough tightly into a log shape. Stretch roll gently to make it even and pinch ends to seal.
7. Cut into eight equal pieces. Place rolls, spaced evenly, in a greased pan.
8. Cover pan with a towel and place in a warm, draft place. Allow to rise for 40 minutes.
9. Preheat over to 375°. Remove towel and place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
10. While rolls are baking, combine ingredients for glaze in a small dish. Stir until smooth.
11. Remove warm rolls from oven and spread glaze over top.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 roll
7 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Check out my other cinnamon roll recipes (no bread machine required):