Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
November 23, 2013
Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Pasta Dishes, Weight Watcher Friendly
2 c Elbow Macaroni, dry
1 tbsp Smart balance light butter
10 slices turkey bacon
3/4 c fat-free half-and-half
3/4 c Sharp cheddar shredded cheese, reduced fat
3/4 c Pepper Jack shredded cheese
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lay bacon strips over wire rack on top of baking sheet. Cook in oven for 17-20 minutes or until crispy.
2. While bacon is cooking, boil macaroni in a large pot according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return noodles back to pot. Stir in butter until melted.
3. Add half and half and cheese to cooked macaroni. Stir until well combined and all cheese has melted. (TIP: I kept my burner on the lowest setting when stirring in the cream and cheese to keep it hot and help the cheese melt.)
4. When bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble or dice into small pieces. Add it into the macaroni pot. Stir until it’s well incorporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I probably added about 1/4 tsp each).
Yields 12 servings, serving size 1/2 c
4 points on Weight Watchers Poitns+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.