Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bakes
November 30, 2013
Breakfast, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Made from Scratch favorites, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
for the rolls-
3/4 c Egg Beaters (or 3 eggs)
1/2 c all-purpose flour
*1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c skim milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp ginger, ground
1/8 tsp nutmeg
*You can use all all-purpose flour if you don’t have any whole wheat flour on hand.
for the filling-
1/4 c smart balance light butter, softened
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
(Optional) for the glaze-
1 tbsp smart balance light butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c powdered sugar
2 tbsp Cinnabon Coffee Creamer (or any other milk/cream will work)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine both flours until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
4. Gradually add flours to wet ingredients. Whisk until well combined and no lumps remain.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon for the filling. Stir until smooth.
7. Add cinnamon filling to a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped. Squeeze spirals of cinnamon filling on top of each batter filled muffin cup.
8. Bake a 375° for 5 minutes. Turn down heat to 350° and bake for about 22 minutes.
9. While french toast rolls are baking, make the glaze (if desired) by combining butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and creamer in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. If it is too thick for your liking, gradually add more creamer 1/4 tsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
10. Remove rolls from the oven. Drizzle warm rolls with glaze or maple syrup.
Yields 6 servings, serving size 2 cinnamon roll french toast bakes
5 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
(2.5 points per roll)