Bean & Rice Chicken Enchliadas
January 2, 2014
Chicken Dishes, Easy Dinners, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Tortilla/Wrap/Quesadilla Style, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 c brown rice, dry
1 c water
6 large tortillas (I use low carb/high fiber La Tortilla Factory)
1 can fat free refried beans
1 can corn, drained
2 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
1 cup reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
2 cans enchilada sauce
(optional) sour cream, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 c of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish and tilt until equally distributed. Set aside.
2. Bring 1 water to boil over medium-high heat. Add rice when it reaches a full boil. Reduced heat to medium. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes. Leave lid on, remove from heat and allow to sit covered for an additional 7 minutes.
3. While rice is cooking, lay 6 large tortillas out on counter top. Add the following ingredients equally to each tortilla:
-spread about 2 tbsp of refried beans on each tortilla
-spoon about 2 tbsp of corn on top of refried beans
-spoon about 2-3 tbsp of rice on top of corn
-add chopped chicken on top of rice
-sprinkle each with about 1 tbsp shredded cheese
4. Roll up each tortilla (I do not fold the ends in) and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
5. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over stuffed tortillas. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted.
7. Remove from oven. Place full or half of an enchilada on plate. Top with sour cream, if desired.
Yields 6 or 12 servings
1 full enchilada 10 points
1/2 enchilada 5 points
*Add additional points if topping with sour cream
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.