Banana Oatmeal Bread
January 3, 2014
Breads/Muffins, Dessert, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Made from Scratch favorites, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
pictured with optional chocolate chips and walnuts
1/2 c Smart Balance Light butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c Egg Beaters
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1 c multi grain oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 c fat free milk
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
(optional) 2/3 c walnuts
(optional) 2/3 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a large loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture. Mix well.
5. Add about 1/2 of the dry ingredients to sugar mixture. Stir until just combined.
6. Add 2 tbsp of milk and 1/2 of the mashed bananas. Stir until just combined.
7. Add remaining dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
8. Add remaining 2 tbsp of milk and the other half of the mashed bananas. Stir until just combined (do no over mix).
9. Fold in walnuts and/or chocolate chips, if desired. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Yields 1 loaf, serving size 1 slice
Weight Watchers Points+:
if cut into 10-12 slices, 5 points per slice
if cut into 13-16 slices, 4 points per slice
if cut into 16-18 slices, 3 points per slice
*add additional points for optional add-ins
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from www.allrecipes.com