Baked Apple Pancake
January 8, 2014
Breads/Muffins, Breakfast, Kid-Friendly Dishes, Made from Scratch favorites, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
1 medium Fuji apple, peeled, chopped
4 tbsp brown sugar, divided
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
3/4 c egg beaters
1 c skim milk
2 tbsp molasses
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ginger, ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt
(optional) powdered sugar, for dusting
(optional) homemade cinnamon-molasses syrup, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a glass pie dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add apple chunks to a small bowl. Stir in cinnamon and 2 tbsp brown sugar until apples are well coated.
3. Spread apples into bottom of prepared pie plate in a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes.
4. While apples bake, prepare batter. Whisk together remaining 2 tbsp of brown sugar, Egg Beaters, milk, molasses, flour, salt, nutmeg, and ground ginger. Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
5. Carefully remove apples from oven and pour batter over apples. Return pie plate to oven.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until it puffs and is golden brown.
7. Slide pancake out of pie plate and onto cutting board. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with Cinnamon-molasses syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Yields 8 servings, serving size 1 piece
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
Recipe modified from www.simplebites.net