Going Apes Cookies
January 12, 2014
Dessert, Gluten/Milk Free, Made from Scratch favorites, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
A perfect combination of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate
2 1/2 c multi grain oats (or your favorite gluten-free oats)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp Smart Balance Light butter
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 c semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips (or Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with Silpat baking mats. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until well combined. Set bowl aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attachment, combine mashed bananas and peanut butter until smooth.
4. Add butter, honey, and vanilla to banana mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Gradually add oat mixture to banana mixture. Stirring to combine after each addition of dry ingredients. Combine until well incorporated.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Drop scoops, about a tablespoonful, of mixture onto prepared baking pans. Bake for 13-15 minutes (mine were perfect at exactly 15 minutes).
8. Allow to set on the pan after baking for about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Yields 25 cookies, serving size 1 cookie
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.