Mediterranean Rice Fritters
April 2, 2014
Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
2 c cooked brown rice, cooled
1/2 tbsp onion flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 c Egg Beaters
1/4 tsp rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
2 c fresh spinach, finely chopped
1/2 c breadcrumbs
1/3 c fat free Mediterranean feta cheese crumbles
1/2 c golden raisins
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat griddle to 300°.
2. Combine cooked rice, onion flakes, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, salt and egg beaters in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
3. Add spinach, bread crumbs, feta cheese, and raisins. Stir together and leave set for 5 minutes. If the mixture is still wet, add more breadcrumbs one tablespoon at a time until the mixture holds together without falling apart. You should be able to pinch the mixture together and it hold its shape.
4. Scoop out mixture 1/2 c at a time and shape into fritters until all of the mixture has been used.
5. Brush the top of each fritter olive oil and place brushed side down on the preheated griddle. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
6. Before flipping, brush top with olive oil. Flip and cook another 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove from griddle on to plate. Serve immediately.
Yields about 7 rice fritters, serving size 1 fritter
3 points on Weight Watchers Points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.
recipe modified from www.vegetariantimes.com