Strawberry-Banana Oat Muffins
July 13, 2014
Breads/Muffins, Breakfast, Vegetarian, Weight Watcher Friendly
2/3 c multi-grain oatmeal
1/4 c nonfat strawberry Greek yogurt
1/4 c skim milk
1 tsp strawberry extract
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c light brown sugar, packed
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 large, ripe banana, mashed
2 1/2 tbsp canola oil
1 egg, beaten
1 c dried strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 410°. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. NOTE: This recipe will make 8-11 muffins. If you like large muffins, spray 8 cups. If you prefer smaller muffins, spray for 11.
2. In a small bowl, combine oats and yogurt. Mix until oats are well covered by yogurt. Pour milk over oats. Leave soak for about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently mix until well combined. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, or in the bowl to your stand mixer, add banana, egg, and oil. Mix to combine.
5. Add oat & milk mixture to banana mixture. Add strawberry extract. Stir until just combined. Add in dry ingredients. Stir at low speed until just combined. Do not over mix!
6. Fold in dried strawberries. Scoop mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Yields 8 large muffins or 11 small muffins, serving size 1 muffin
If 8 muffins are made: 4 points per serving on Weight Watchers points+ System
If 11 muffins are made: 3 points per serving on Weight Watchers points+ System
I am in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers.